With the Easy Change Oil System, there is no need to drain the old oil. Oil is included in the new filter and the new filter will clean the old oil already in your mower. You can do the entire oil and filter change in just 30 seconds.
Step 1: Prepare the Mower for the Oil Change
- Park your mower on solid, level ground
- Engage the parking brake
- Drop the cutting deck
- Turn off your mower
- Remove the key
- Disconnect the spark plug wire
Note: This system should only be changed when the oil is cooled.
Step 2: Remove the Old Filter
- Push and rotate the canister to the left one-quarter turn. Some excess oil may leak out of the filter in this process so do your best to turn the canister to the upward position to minimize the mess.
Step 3: Install the Easy Oil Change Filter
- Remove the new filter from the packaging
- Write the machines hours and date of service on it
- Remove the rubber cap from the new filter
- Align the lock symbol on the canister with the unlock symbol on the engine
- Rotate clockwise one-quarter turn until the filter locks into place
- Check the oil level using the dipstick and add oil as needed
Step 4: Finish
- Reconnect the spark plug
- Start the mower
- Let it idle for a minute or two while you check for any leaks
- Clean away any mess around the newly installed filter
- Close the hood
- Place the rubber cap that came with the new filter onto the old filter and recycle it appropriately
We Can Help
We at Minnesota Equipment pride ourselves on the knowledgeable, personable, and reliable service we offer. Our team is ready to assist you at any of our locations. We won’t simply help you find what you’re looking for: we want to be a part of what you’re doing. Stop by any of our Minnesota locations, or give us a call at 763-428-4107, and let our expert team of technicians take care of getting your machines back to working for you.